The following form enables you to donate online through canadahelps.org. It is secure and confidential. You can choose a one-time donation or ongoing monthly contributions. You can also indicate how you wish the funds to be spent. If you wish to distribute the funds over more than one area, simply choose "Other" and give us instructions in the section: Message to First United.
How Your Contribution Is Used
Thank you for considering a financial gift to First United Church.
Your generosity supports our ministry of faith, music, friendship and social outreach in our community and in our world in the following ways:
- Building a strong multi-generational family ministry
- Growing spiritually through thought-provoking learning opportunities
- Being part of an inclusive and welcoming faith environment
- Assisting those in need in our local community through social outreach activities
- Doing good things in the world as part of our generous community
- Being awed by joyful music and worship
- Giving love and compassion to others
- Building lifelong friendships
Help us to continue our work in the world.
How Can I Donate to First United?
There are three very convenient ways you can donate to First United.
- The first is in person ~ during our Sunday morning Worship or drop into our Church Office (Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 1 pm). We accept cash and cheques.
- The second is PAR. PAR stands for Pre-Authorized Remittance. If you have automatic debits from your bank account to pay for insurance, cable TV, taxes, fuel, or a mortgage – then you understand the PAR principle. It means regular contributions throughout the year that make it easy to donate to First United. Today many people use the PAR system for their church offering, finding it an easy way to take care of their regular commitments to the church month by month. You can participate in this program.
- The third is online giving through our online charity account at canadahelps.org. You can give a one-time donation or set up monthly recurring donations. You can choose your preferred method of payment, credit card, bank account, or Paypal. Your tax receipt(s) will be automatically generated and emailed directly to you from Canada Helps. The automated form for online giving is provided at the bottom of this page.
When you subscribe to PAR (pre-authorized remittance) your account will be automatically debited and your congregation’s account credited with the amount payable from all members who participate. A tax receipt will be issued by First United at the end of each calendar year.
How to get involved:
Decide the amount of your monthly offering (ongoing operations, Building Fund, Mission and Service, and other)
Fill in the Authorization Form and attach a sample cheque from your account marked “Sample” or “Void”. Give both to the Office Administrator or place both on the offering plate.
Advantages to you:
Regular support of First United in the amount that you choose
Continual support of First United when you are away
Avoidance of “catch-up” periods
Advantages to the Congregation:
Regular, dependable flow of contributions
Reduction of paperwork and bookkeeping
Reduction in bank overdrafts
Click here to download a Pre-authorization form in PDF format