We are pleased to provide a list of external links key to the life and work of our church.
- United Church of Canada: www.united-church.ca
- 43rd General Council: https://generalcouncil43.ca/
- First Dawn Eastern Edge Regional Council: https://ucceast.ca/first-dawn-eastern-edge-regional-council-16/
- Burry Heights Camp and Retreat: www.burryheights.com
- Bridges to Hope: www.bridgestohope.ca
- Stella Burry Foundation: www.stellascircle.ca
First United Church Mount Pearl reserves the right to set the criteria for and select the links we make available on our website.
While we try to ensure that these links are in working order, we cannot be responsible for controlling the availability, accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of the information on other websites. We also assume no responsibility for any consequences arising from the use of or reliance on such information.
Get the latest information and updates from Regional Council
First Dawn Eastern Edge Regional Council
If Support is Needed
First United Church Mount Pearl: If you are experiencing difficulties getting groceries or medications please call the church at 368-2194 and leave a message. If you are feeling lonely or having a stressful time, need to talk or just to say hi, please call the minister at (709) 727-7803 or email email@example.com. You can also contact us using the email contact form on this page (emails are monitored daily).
We realize these are very difficult times. The following is a list of some of the organizations in the St. John's / Metro area that are available to help.
- Bridges to Hope Food Aid Centre: Due to the current pandemic, Bridges to Hope is distributing food hampers by appointment only. To register for a food hamper, please call (709) 726-9246 between 9:00 am – 1:00 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday.
- St. Vincent De Paul Society, Mary Queen of the World Conference (Food Pantry) : call (709) 364-7140
- Stella's Circle, Brian Martin Housing Resource Centre: call (709) 738-0457 - assisting participants with emergency shelter, food, COVID19nfld news & counselling thanks to their "Welcome Window"
- The Gathering Place: call (709)-753-3234
- Jimmy Pratt Memorial Outreach Centre: (709) 726-8775 - The Husky Breakfast Program has resumed as of April 13th 2020 plus a Friday Brunch is now being offered as of May 8th 2020. These services are takeaway meals offered every Monday from 8:30 am – 10:00 am and the Friday Brunch from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm.and will be available at the main entrance to George St United Church on George Street
- Naomi Centre: call (709) 579-8641 - an emergency shelter that offers safe and supportive temporary housing for women aged 16-30 within a harm reduction model.
- Irish Kirby House: call (709) 753-1492 - emergency housing, advocacy and support services are available at the shelter free of charge to all residents and ex-residents
- Bridge the gApp - an online mental health resource available in Newfoundland and Labrador connecting you to local services, information and tools to support wellness.
- HOPE Program – Healthy Opportunities for People with Eating Disorders: call (709) 777.2041 - for people (fifteen years and older) who have been diagnosed with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa or other specified feeding and eating disorder. The program helps provide a journey to wellness in a trusting, supportive environment.
- Mental Health Crisis Line (for Newfoundland and Labrador) 1-888-737-4668